This revision guide has been designed by examiners and experienced teachers to serve as a preparatory resource for students studying WJEC GCSE Spanish and to provide them with useful insights into what to expect in their speaking, listening, reading and writing exams. The guide covers the reformed WJEC GCSE Spanish qualification for Wales – taught from 2016 and awarded for the first time in 2018 ' and is suitable for both Foundation and Higher tier candidates.
Containing sample exam-style questions throughout, it offers engaging content relevant to the WJEC themes and sub-themes and will support all students in getting to grips with the material they need to know in order to pass their GCSE.
- detailed, step-by-step information on each exam's format, with useful advice, tips and techniques to help students prepare for every aspect
- guidance on how to navigate the role play, photo card and conversation elements of the speaking exam
- examples of the kinds of rubrics, instructions, prompts and questions that students can expect in the exam – in a mix of English and Spanish, as they will be on the day
- translations of keywords and useful phrases for each topic
- a variety of reading and writing tasks, with answers provided at the back of the book
- a review of the key grammar points, including practice exercises as well as a grammar glossary with verb tables
Bethan McHugh is an experienced MFL teacher and has held numerous positions of responsibility during her career including head of year, head of Spanish, HE adviser and learning leader. She is currently a senior examiner of MFL GCSEs and a CPD presenter, as well as being an author of assessments and digital resources.
Chris Whittaker is an experienced teacher of German and French. He has been a head of department and has always sought innovative and engaging ways to improve teaching and learning. He currently runs First for Languages, which delivers a range of services to businesses, individuals, examination boards and schools. He is also a senior examiner for a number of qualifications including GCSE German.
Write your own review
Review Submitted Successfully