This full colour book will show you how to use photography in the classroom across all subjects.
Sometimes there are real barriers to learning – whether social or cultural or simply ability or motivation – but photography has something to offer everyone: it provides a vehicle for either teamwork or self-discovery, inspiration, wonder, exploring hidden depths in iconic images, and subsequent philosophical questions. It allows for creativity but also for structure, freedom and rigour. It gets beneath the surface and beyond the obvious.
Subjects covered in this book include:
- Camera basics – composition, camera functions, basic uploading, editing, printing and presentation
- Self-portraits – self discovery, all about me, secrets, hidden depths, expressions
- Dear Photo – putting old photos into a scene, then and now
- Using Tiny People to create whole new worlds, scenes and stories providing real scope for creativity and fun
- Using images for philosophical discussion
- Looking at the local community and how to use images such as street art for project based activities
For use by all teachers, parents, youth workers and anyone wanting to teach using photography.