This home study program provides an in-depth look at the most recent advances in the diagnosis and treatment of bipolar spectrum disorders in children and adolescents.
Dr. Chang discusses how to make a proper diagnosis, and summarizes current research, including the results of several new and potentially important studies. He also reviews medication options and discusses products currently available as well as those currently in development.
The latter portion of the program focuses on concrete psychotherapeutic and educational interventions. Treatment of co-morbid conditions is also discussed. The liberal use of case material underscores Dr. Chang’s belief in the importance of an integrated, interdisciplinary approach to treatment.
Dr. Chang is a gifted speaker with a warm, personal presentation style. Learners will thoroughly enjoy this home study and will gain practical understandings and techniques that they will be able to apply immediately in their own practices.
After completing this home study, learners will be better able to:
· More accurately diagnose bipolar disorder in children
· Discuss the neurobiology and genetic contributions to bipolar disorder across the lifespan
· Use current state of the art in pharmacotherapy, based on empirical data in pediatric bipolar disorder
· Discuss the educational considerations for children and adolescents with bipolar disorder
· Integrate multiple forms of treatment to successfully treat children with bipolar disorder
This home study was recorded at a recent professional workshop.
Learners who listen to the CDs read the accompanying materials, and pass the post-test will receive 6 hours CE/CME credit.
For a complete list of IAHB’s current accreditations follow the link listed at the bottom of this page.